Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Relaxing Summer?


You may have noticed my countdown to the Top of Utah Marathon on the side of the blog. I officially started my training for the marathon this morning. It is in September. I am trying to do this race in sub 4 hours. My goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon, but if I am under 4 hours that will still be good. It is a lot of work, but well worth it in the end.
Maya started swim team today. She has practice everyday at 8:00. It was pretty intense. They swam a lot. She is definitely going to be an even better swimmer by the end of this!
Kaitlyn started gymnastics today. She is pretty good. She doesn't like the teachers to help her. She takes their hands off of her when they are trying to help her balance. She would rather fall off the beam on her own accord than have the teacher keep her "safe". She has a lot of upper body strength and was able to hold herself up on the uneven bars. She was really excited when we finished. As we were walking out she said, "Mom, when is it Monday again?" She only has gymnastics on Mondays.
So we got up at 7:00, went to swim team, then right over to the gym (for my work-out), and then back over to the rec center for Kaitlyn's gymnastics! And that is just Monday! So much for taking it easy and sleeping in this summer!

No comments: