Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

That was Awesome!



Yes I did take my girls to see Taylor Swift last night (on a school night!) They had a blast, and it was awesome. They are so spoiled! They have seen Hannah Montana and now Taylor Swift in concert. Maya has even seen The Wiggles. I don't think I saw a concert until I was a teenager! The girls were really excited that I was able to get tickets considering the concert was sold-out. We left Gavin with my mom and Brian and I took the girls to the concert at the Energy Solutions Arena. I have to say that for how young she is, Taylor Swift has a really good head on her shoulders. She is very talented, but still has her feet grounded.
I hope she always stays that way. It is nice to see someone as famous as her be humbled by the fame instead of expect it like some other famous people. She even went out into the crowd several times. She hugged people, signed autographs, and shook hands. I don't think I have ever been to a concert where the performer does that. The concert definitely exceeded my expectations.
We all sang and danced to the songs.
It was fun to see the girls get so excited and sing all the words to the songs. They would yell, "Hey I know this song!" and then "This is awesome!" Kaitlyn is hilarious when she sings "Picture to Burn." This video doesn't even begin to do it justice! Tell us how you really feel Kaity! Watch out for her boys!
Taylor dressed up in her big gown for "Love Story" and took it off to reveal a white dress just like on the Music Awards. The girls were totally stoked! It is one of their favorite songs, and they love when we changes clothes. It was a huge and fun evening. Taylor Swift really out did herself and deserves all the recognition. Well worth the money! We were all exhausted and deaf by the end though! Here we are at the end of the concert deaf and delirious!
Needless to say, the girls slept in their clothes last night and looked like death warmed over this morning for school!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Looks like you guys had fun. You are such a cool mom!!!

Lisa M said...

So fun! I love them singing!

The Gray Gang said...

How fun!!! I bet they loved it! Kevin danced to the video of the girls/Brian singing!

ezericsons said...

Will you be my mom...pretty...please?