Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Raining Golf Balls

This is the very golf ball that hit me while I was on my 15 mile run today. Brian says I stole someone's golf ball, but the pathway is pretty far from the green and I figure if somebody is that bad of a golf player that they peg me on my run, that ball is now mine! Then of course it started pouring rain while I was running also. It was the hard, freezing kind. Like 'God must hate me' kind of storm. It felt like I was carrying to buckets full of water on my feet. After all that, then I had to come home and get in an icebath so that I can walk tomorrow! I think I might have hypothermia for the next two days! From the freezing rain, falling golf balls, and huge snakes (did I mention that there was a HUGE snake on the trail!), running is getting to be a dangerous sport! I would have went running this morning, but Maya had a huge invitational swim meet. We were surprised when we got there to find that she was entered in Freestyle, Breaststroke, and Butterfly. The last two she has been learning for maybe a week. So I wasn't sure had she would react, but she got in for all her races. She of course got disqualified in the breastroke and butterfly because those strokes are very technical. In the butterfly your arms have to come out and clear up around like wings, you have to point your toes, and touch the finish with two hands. In the breastroke you have to keep your arms forward, they can't go back past your waist. I felt really bad telling her she'd been disqualified because she tried so hard and it is a long race! But, she can't learn if we lie to her. She felt really bad about it, but we talked about what we can do to practice and be better. Brian and I are learning alongside her! Here is her Breastroke race, obviously Brian was the filmer! She is in the middle with the purple cap.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

You were running 15 miles! That is awesome. I wish i could run 2.

I can't believe that Maya is swimming in a swim meet!! She still seems so little to me.