Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Stressed out more than the kids?


How is it that when your children perform or try out for things, you are much more stressed out about it than them? Maya is trying out for the swim team at the Legacy Center, and it is nerve-racking for me. I don't want her to be disappointed. Brian didn't even want her to try-out because he was afraid of what would happen if she doesn't make it. I don't want to teach our children to be afraid of failure. You are never to young to learn that if you don't succeed the first time, you can always try again. Still, I am worried for her. She is in swim camp right now for the swim team. They will let us know at the end of camp if she made it or not. If she doesn't make it, then she has about a week and a half before try-outs to try again. AHHHHH! I want her to make it, but if she doesn't I will probably cry too if she is sad! I don't know how my mom did this stuff! I will let you know how it goes!

No comments: