Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bitter Sweet


My somewhat dreaded day has come. Dylan would be one today along with Gavin. I have been dreading this moment mostly because I feel like if Gavin is no longer a baby, then in some way we have moved on without Dylan. Don't get me wrong, it is a good thing that we have moved forward with our lives, it is just a hard obstacle to cross. I am sure there will be many as the years go on. I am surprisingly doing ok though.
We went to the cemetary this morning with balloons to send off to Dylan. Each person got to write on their balloon a message to Dylan. The kids enjoyed watching the balloons fly up for miles and miles.
It is special that their birthday will always be by memorial day because there are lots of beautiful flowers all over the cemetary.
It was a very nice morning.
Then we had a little party for Gavin. Can I just say that he is such a darling baby?! He brings the light right back into our home if ever we are sad, or mad, or whatever. That kid just makes me want to smile. He really is our rainbow after the storm. He loved his cake and opening presents. We did a little video of his first year. Some of the pictures and videos will be familiar.
All in all it has been a good day. I was stressed about it, but it turned out ok.

2 comments:

Lisa M said...

Happy Birthday Dylan and Gavin. I am glad it was a great day!

Marci said...

So sorry about your loss. I'm sure this year has been difficult, hopefully time will heal, and definitely knowing you will be with him again!
You guys need to come visit us next time you come to Idaho Falls. We live in Ammon, I'm sure Brian knows where that is. It is attached right next to IF.