Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Emergency Averted


So Kaity is lucky today that we haven't killed her. Last night she decided to stick something up her nose again! It is one of those sticky hands that you throw against the wall. She came in our room after we had already put her to bed and told us that something was up her nose. Of course instantly I am angry and ready to kill that child. SERIOUSLY?!! Are you kidding me?!!! She tells me what it is and Brian tries to see if he can see it. With a flashlight we can see the end of it, but we can't reach it with tweezers. So, luckily her ENT (that we used last time) has an after hours urgent call number. We tell her that the tweezers didn't work and she gives us another suggestion. She tells us to plug the other nostril then basically give her mouth to mouth (blow really hard into her mouth). I am trying not to laugh so that I can do it, and totally assuming that it is not going to work. The first time nothing happened. Then I blew harder, and wouldn't you know it, it came flying out! I was seriously amazed that that worked! I guess when you are a pediatric ENT you know all the tricks of the trade! And apparently when you have a SPECIAL child you also learn all the tricks!! She may be one of the smartest kids I know, but when it comes to common sense, Look out! In the end, at least we didn't have to go to the emergency room, so she gets to live for another day!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness!!

The Gray Gang said...

Oh my heck! I couldn't imagine!! Just thinking about needed to do that makes me laugh! Really hard! I wish someone was video taping!!!

Amber Ayres said...

You should have video taped that! It would have won America's Funniest Videos for sure!

I can't believe you lived in Arlington! I wish I had known! We've been in Dallas for SEVEN YEARS!!! we could have totally hung out! oh well, we definately need to get together this summer!