Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Home Cookin


I have been trying to make some more things from scratch lately to try and save money. I have finally mastered making amazing whole wheat bread with no white flour. The fam totally loves it. A few weeks ago, Maya had to take a sack lunch to school because they went on a field trip. (she normally doesn't need lunch because kindergarten in Utah is only a few hours a day) I just packed what she normally eats for lunch with a PB&J sandwich on my bread. When she got home I asked her what the other kids brought for lunch. Word for word she said, "They all brought lots of junk and their sandwiches were on bread from the store!" It was pretty funny. She was really proud of herself that she had such a "healthy" lunch.

Yesterday I made a fresh batch of bread and some Lion House Rolls (many of you know how AMAZING these rolls are) and Gavin wouldn't even eat the roll because he wanted some of the wheat bread! Poor Brian, he loves white bread more than anything, but his family has turned against him! If you need an amazing recipe for all whole wheat bread, I have a few!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Steph- I definitely need one! The one I have takes ALL day to make two loaves! :)

Amber Ayres said...

I'm so excited to find your blog! I saw you on Marci's blog. I was hoping to see you last summer at the ten year reunion but I had no idea you had just given birth the month before! Your family is beautiful. We live in Dallas, where in Texas were you? Austin? But now you're back in Utah? We're going this summer for two weeks in June and it'd be great to see you!

Lisa M said...

The bread looks so yummy! I would the recipe.

Lisa M said...

I meant to type I would love the recipe. But distractions with the kids and phone happened.