Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

You Gotta Have Your Shoes to Go Outside


I am in my room getting ready yesterday, and Gavin comes in with his shoes in his hands. He is always bringing me stuff, so when he sets them on my lap I just say 'thank you' and put them back on the floor. He picks them up again and starts jabbering about something and puts his foot up so I can put his shoes on. So I ask him if he wants to go outside. (I am always telling the girls to put their shoes on before they go outside.) He gets a big smile on his face and starts nodding like crazy. It's kind of like when your dog brings you their leash because they want to go for a walk. The kid can't talk, but he sure can communicate! I figure at least it only took me two tries to figure out what he wanted! He absolutely loves going outside, and I knew he could hear all the kids outside playing. I was busy at the moment, so I told him he could not go outside. Then the pouty look comes out! For only being 15 months, the kid has mastered the pouty face! Brian is hysterically laughing at this point because he knows that neither of us is going to be able to tell Gavin 'no'. He definitely knows how to work us. He gets away with a lot more things than our other kids did! What a character!!! This picture is from this morning. He is not even dressed yet, but he is ready to go outside!

1 comment:

The Gray Gang said...

Where did your little baby go? I can NOT believe how big he is. He is so handsome! Are you guys going to Lagoon? Wish we could be there, have fun!