Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Ah, the Circus!




My mom got tickets to the circus last night for the girls and for my nephew Austin. I have to admit that I had my doubts as to whether the circus was going to be good or not. I don't even remember going to the circus as a child, that's how long it has been! It turned out to be surprisingly cool. The things that they got the animals to do were phenomenal. They have very talented people who can do amazing and very dangerous things. I thought it was hilarious that everytime they did something extremely dangerous they reminded the kids that they should "not try this at home!" They must have said that 50 times or more. I could just see one of these kids going home and trying to stick their siblings through a giant fan! My Kaitlyn was not amused by the magic tricks at all.
At one point they cut one of the clowns in half. Everyone else thinks it is cool and they are amazed. Not Kaitlyn. "That is sooo rude!" "Why would they do that?!" "It's just pretend Kaitlyn" "NO Mom! I just watched them cut him in half!" "How are they going to put him back together?!" "He can't live without his legs!" She is yelling all this as loud as she can of course. I try to explain to her that it is magic, etc, etc. It didn't work. I don't really even know how the trick works, but I told her that I think that there is another person in the box so he isn't really cut in half. They took him off the stage cut in half of course, so she never did get to see him put back together. Just another conversation with my logical, intellectual daughter who needs everything to have a purpose and an explanantion!
All the kids thoroughly enjoyed the circus. Everytime the elephants came out, Austin would clap and get really excited.
He was not a fan of the clowns, but he sure loved the animals! I quite enjoyed the circus. It was a fun night!

No comments: