Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Special Children on Christmas Eve

When we got up this morning, the kids asked me what we were doing today. One of the things on our list was going up to the cemetary and taking a tree to Dylan's grave. On Sunday the primary had the kids make a little treat of hershey kisses to give to someone they love this week. While at breakfast Maya asked, "Mom, would it be ok if I gave my treat to Dylan?" I of course told her that that would be very nice. I was really touched that she would think of her brother as a member of people that she loves. Kaitlyn asked a few questions about heaven so we talked a little about where Dylan was. Maya the said, "Don't worry mom, Jeus is there too and he loves Dylan, he will take care of him. And if he is too busy President Hinckley is there too, and I know he loves Dylan too." I have to thank God for children. They know so much more than we do about so many things. They just get it! I don't know what I would do without my Maya. She is so special. She will definitely be a rock that this family can lean on.
Since we have been talking more about Dylan and including him in things, the kids have been doing a lot better. The fears have started to fade. The other day I was talking to my mom about being worn out and she said it was because I had three children. Maya came in to the room and said, "No Lola, she has four children!" I am happy that she knows she and all the other children will always be loved and will always be a part of this family.
This picture of my "sitting" Gavin is sooooo precious!