Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Like Father Like Daughter?

Because Brian has Muscular Dystrophy he has a hard time bending over and then trying to get back up, so he usually picks things up off the floor with his feet. He also opens drawers that are closer to the floor with his feet as well. Then he doesn't have to figure out a way to get back up. If he does bend over he usually has one hand on something solid that can bare his weight so he can push himself back up. Today I was helping Kaitlyn get dressed and she put her foot on the bottom drawer and opened the drawer with her foot! Then proceeded to grab a pair of pants while holding the top of the dresser to support herself! I wish I would have had a camera. We always talk about the fact that the kids don't know any different because Brian has always been this way, but it never occurred to me that they would think it was normal behavior! I guess if that's all they pick up from Brian, maybe we are doing good.

2 comments:

Lisa M said...

That made me laugh so hard...too cute!!

Joy said...

Hi I still love the blog and enjoy ready it and seeing the kids. Love you guys lots.

grandma gray