Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

An Eventful Day



Yesterday was crazy busy. It seems like everything is always scheduled on the exact same day! In the morning we went to a Christmas party put on by the MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) in Utah. We haven't been able to go in the past. Many of you know that Brian has Muscular Dystrophy. People always think he has MS, that is not the same thing. It was interesting to go to this event and see all the different tolls it takes on families. It definitely made me feel really blessed in my life because some of the children there with Muscular Dystrophy will not live to be adults. Brian's form is relatively mild and he will not ever die from it. Santa came so the girls got to sit on his lap. Of course they were ecstatic about that. Gavin slept through his first encounter with Santa!

Then we went to Walmart so the girls could buy gifts for their angel tree picks. We decided as a family to use the money we would have spent buying gifts for Dylan and we bought toys for kids in need. Maya and Kaitlyn both got to pick a child off the angel tree. It made all of us feel really good to be giving back, especially in Dylan's name.
Then we went to the Mortuary that helped us with Dylan's funeral because they put up a memorial tree in their front room, and you can hang an ornament for your loved one that has passed away. We picked out an ornament for Dylan to hang on the tree. It is a silver angel that says,"Each man's life touches so many others." which is perfect for our family.
Dylan definitely touched our lives and the lives of so many around us. It was a nice tribute.
Brian got tickets from work to go to the USU vs. BYU game. We had second row seats at the Energy Solutions Arena. Many of you know that we went to Utah State University, and that we are anti-BYU. So we got dressed up in our Aggie gear and went to the game. We were surrounded by BYU fans of course, but the Aggie fans greatly outnumbered BYU even though it was a much further drive for them. That's one of the things I love about USU. There are no fans like Aggie fans. Even the ESPN people covering the game will tell you that. So I was a maniac at the game. The people behind me were diehard BYU so they were pissed off at me! It was pretty awesome. I just ignored them and yelled all kinds of crap! Then when I stand up, I am taller than them all so they can't see! It was awesome! They talked lots of smack, but didn't confront me directly. I think that was because of Gavin. Whatever they yelled, I yelled the opposite. USU lost, but it was a good game. The fact that USU can keep up with BYU is kind of embarrassing for BYU since BYU is 3 times the size of USU, but we have had a good team for many years. It was fun to get to go to the game. GO AGGIES! I made my Aggies proud! Gavin in his cute Aggie gear!

2 comments:

Lisa M said...

You were right...that was a busy day. Your post made me get teary eyed, smile and laugh. What great memories you are making.

The Gray Gang said...

Oh my heck, we totally crossed paths!!! Cody got back from Mexico on Sat night and We drove by the energy solutions arena just as the game was letting out, and at dinner we sat next to tons of aggie fans, they were also ALL over temple square when we went to look at the lights!!!