Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Friday, December 17, 2010

A Whirlwind Weekend of Joy and Sadness

This last weekend was really crazy. Brian's niece Mylin was born, and his cousin's baby boy Trevor passed away. We drove up to Idaho late Friday night so we could be to the funeral on Saturday. We got to see our new cute niece, which was very fun! It was bitter sweet since a baby was lost on the same day. We felt like we should go up to Idaho because it meant a lot to us when people came to support us at Dylan's funeral. I have to say that it was far more difficult than I could have imagined. I was OK until we pulled into the cemetary. Then I lost it. I don't have much control with all the pregnancy hormones, but being there was just so sad. It's not right to have to bury your child. I was mostly crying because I knew what that couple was going through. It's a rough road. I don't know if it helped for us to be there, but I was grateful to have went. After the funeral, we had to rush home to get to the girls' dane recital on time. They have been talking about it for weeks. It was fun to go and see them dance. Those two love performing more than anything! Gavin and my niece Savannah were super excited the whole time. You can hear them clapping and shouting during the performances. Gavin stood and danced the entire time!

No comments: