Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ward Campout

It is the first week of school, but we have our ward campout on the weekend. I was really excited to go. I had heard that the campout is really fun. We camped up Heber canyon. It was a lot of work for me though! I had to pack up the car all by myself, then set up camp all by myself when we got there. Needless to say, I was exhausted. I am used to doing most of the work, but usually there are a few people around to pitch in and I am not pregnant! I was so exhausted by the nighttime, I could hardly keep my eyes open! It poured almost the whole time we were there. It rained all night long. At night we gathered in a covered pavilion that has removable walls for some skits and fun. We had picked up Pizza Hut on our way up the canyon, which was a blessing because I never would have been able to cook food too! The kids were still eating the breadsticks during the program!
The night was horrible. Gavin had a really hard time sleeping in the sleeping bag. He was up most of the night. Luckily he didn't wet his bed in addition to being up all night, but when he got up in the morning he was beside himself he needed to use the restroom so bad! I was trying to get dressed and he was whining and holding himself, so I was as quick as I could be and then ran him to the potty!
The ward cooked breakfast for us in that morning.
It was really really good. It was the Bishop's birthday so we sang and had him run through a birthday tunnel.
Then just to make my life even better, the kids wanted me to row them around the lake! It was fun, but very VERY exhausting. I am glad they got a chance to go though. Maya even went across the lake on the zip line! By the time we got back from the campout it was all I could do to just make it to my bed! Then get up the next day to speak in church! What an exhausting weekend!

No comments: