Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Kaitlyn's Birthday


Kaitlyn turned 5 on Aug 10th. I convinced her that it would be more fun to have a girls day out, than to have a party. I have to admit that it was actually really fun for me too! We started out the day by going to breakfast at Denny's. If you know Kaitlyn, she absolutely loves breakfast especially orange juice! Going out to breakfast is huge for her! Then we went to the mall to get her ears pierced. She was very talkative and brave. She picked out really expensive earrings to be put in her ears! I didn't even know studs could be that expensive! She is obviously going to be our high maintenance person. After getting her ears pierced we went to the nail salon to get Gel toes done.

I thought the nail technician was going to have a nervous breakdown by the time they were done. Kaitlyn talks non-stop, asks lots of questions, and rarely sits still! I tried not to laugh as the woman tried to hold Kaitlyn's foot and answer all her questions. We grabbed some lunch and then went to Build-A-Bear. She got to pick out a really cute bear to stuff and dress. It was pretty fun. She had a little bit more money after all that so she got to go to the store and buy herself a barbie. She said over and over, "This is the best day ever!" How can it not be when you get to do whatever you want all day and get pampered?! That's my ideal birthday every year. We finished off the night with banana splits. (I was way too tired to make a cake by then!) Happy birthday girls!

No comments: