Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

An Official Announcement

The secret is finally out. We are pregnant. We found out between our two family reunions that we were pregnant, but when we got back from the second family reunion everything went downhill. I have been in and out of the doctors' office for several weeks. They thought I was miscarrying at first, and then they found some other complications. Anyway, to make a long story short everything worked out fine. We kept waiting to tell people because we weren't sure what to say. The kids have known for awhile now, but they were sworn to secrecy and they did awesome. We finally told family this last week so we are now letting other people know. I am already out of the 1st trimester. We are due in February.
I think I would have been emotionally better off if we had not had all these scares and complications in the beginning. Now I am just holding out for the best. We have had many conversations with the kids. We all spoke before we decided to go ahead and try, to make sure everyone was ok with it. We have talked about the reality of something happening to this baby, but I'm not sure it would soften the blow if something does happen. The kids are super excited, so I am hopoing things go well. As far as we know there is only one this time, but that has not been confirmed with an ultrasound.
Luckily for me, I have an awesome OB. I don't know if I could do all this again without the care and support of my awesome physician. His nurse and him have been really supportive and overly cautious. He has given me permission to call and come in anytime. He expects me to be a basketcase and is willing to do whatever it takes. Right now I am pretty detached from the pregnancy. As bad as that sounds, I can't emotionally go there. I think it will probably be like this until I hold that baby in my arms and everything is fine. For now it's going to be a long six months!

1 comment:

The Gray Gang said...

Congrats! Super jealous! You will be in our thoughts and prayers!! Also congrats on the potty trained boy. keV was the same age when he potty trained, so his idea and not mine, but it is fab!!!