Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Potty Training Success!


Gavin has been ready to be potty-trained for a while now. I have been holding out because it was so difficult with the girls, and I had heard boys were harder. I wanted to wait until he was closer to three, not 2 and 2 months. Finally I gave in and bought some Thomas underwear last weekend. It took him less than a day to figure the potty thing out. He was by far my easiest and youngest to potty train. The bowel movement thing is a little challenging, but he sleeps in underwear at naptime and at night with no problems. He doesn't get out of his bed after sleeping until someone comes in there to get him so some mornings he calls out to me saying, "Mommy I got go pee!!" So I have to rush out of bed and run him to the toilet, but it is all worth it! Still have not bought any pull ups for any of my kids! We have been really lucky with the potty thing.

No comments: