Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

YUCK! What is that?!


I took Gavin for his 9 month appointment. As far as I was concerned, Gavin seems like he is as big or even bigger than some of the other babies his age. So imagine my suprise when they tell me his weight is in the 5th percentile! He is quite underweight. My kids are usually underweight (surprise, surprise!), but not that low. The pediatrician was not too worried because he sees the babies that are breastfed fall down the scale at this point and Gavin's Iron is way up. Plus, the data used for those scales is from 1975 formula fed babies! We haven't had any babies since then? I mean come on! Anyway, just to be safe, I thought we would give him some formula at night to help supplement. So I made him a bottle and he was relatively excited to drink it. I gave it to him and he took a suck and then spit it out all over the place! The look on his face told it all! "YUCK! Who drinks that crap?!" He tried a few more times, but the same response. So I don't know what else to do. Guess we will just keep doing what we were already doing! Any ideas?

1 comment:

The Gray Gang said...

I had the same problem with Kevin! He would of rather starved then drank formula, can't say I blame them much!! I just put him on whole milk and bought liquid vitamins and I'd put vitamins in once a day! or I else I'd mixed half of a pediasure with the milk, cause they are chalk full of nutrients!! They get kind of expensive so I just gave him one a day, I did that from the time he was 6 months until he turned one, then I just did plain whole milk.