Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Remind me why I wanted to be a mother?!

I am not going to survive being a mother I've decided. Today Kaity got stabbed in the eye with a wand at dance. It was bleeding so I had to take her to Urgent care for the 5th time in the last 3 months. You know it is bad when the urgent care people recognize you! We were there a couple of months ago when Kaity fell in the shower and cut open her head. She of course needed stitches. Then just about a month or so ago she stuck a safety pin up her nose. When your child sticks something up your nose, it is serious business. I thought we could just go to the pediatricia and they could get it out. They couldn't even find it! So they sent us to an ENT. The safety pin was so far up her nose they had to put a special scope up there to see it. It took us hours to get that thing out! Several of the staff and I had to lay on top of her in order for the doctor to retrieve it. Luckily we didn't have to put her out! However, that probably would have been easier. So she is traumatized from the ENT. I told the doctor that I hoped she didn't have any other patients because Kaity was screaming at the top of her lungs, "DR. let me go!, Everyone get off me!!!!" Needless to say, if she ever sticks something up her nose again, I will probably kill her myself! She is only 3 years old, yet I feel like I have aged 10 years with her. I don't know about you, but I definitely did not receive the memo that tells you what you are in for as a mother, otherwise, I probably would have stopped with Maya!!! Love my kids, but some days, I just don't know what we were thinking! :)

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow, that is crazy stuff! A pin up her nose, wow! You need a massage.

Lisa M said...

Every once and awhile I wonder the same exact thing. Then they laugh or do some other cute thing and make those thoughts wash away.

Camille said...

Holy cow! I'm hoping to not have to experience what you've experienced...and maybe I shouldn't sign up Cora for a dance class???

shelley said...

love this post! have you ever read "Raising Your Spirited Child?" by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka? It practically saved my life with my 'spirited' first born. As well as this authors second book about power struggles. don't delay! buy it today!