Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Five months today

Well our little Gavin is 5 months old today. They grow so fast! He is so fun with tons of personality. Watching how he has changed makes us really think a lot about Dylan. I wonder if he would be loud and crazy like Gavin, or if he would be more somber. Watching him grow up is really hard because we feel like we missed out with Dylan. Maya still asks me all the time why Dylan had to die. I don't have an answer for her. We don't even know why he did die. Even the autopsy left us little to know about his death. My sister is having a baby girl in December. Maya asks me all the time if she is ok and if she is going to die. I can't even assure her that it won't happen, because unfortunately these things happen a lot. I have met many mothers who have lost their child at birth with no prior complications. I am still very grateful for Gavin each day though. I still wake up at night a few times to check if he is still breathing because when we brought him home he stopped breathing (for no reason) and I had to do infant CPR on him to revive him. We had a pretty horrific summer, but hopefully things are looking up from now on! Sometimes I have to wonder if I will really survive being a mother!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so excited you started a blog! Steph I am so sorry about losing your son. Seriously he stopped breathing. Ok, that would not make me so happy. We love you guys!

Steph said...

Steph, I'm so sorry. I can't believe it's been 5 months. I think about you a lot and wonder how you're doing. We need to get together soon.

Steph said...

I know! We totally need to hang out sometime. It feels like it has been forvever!