Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Our own little choir

My sister was in town this weekend so we decided to go to church with my mom. It happened to be their primary program. Just on a side note, their program is always fantastic. If there was an award for the best primary program, they would win it hands down every year! They have tons of talent flowing thru that ward. Anywho, my girls know most of the songs since Maya has been learning them for her own program (that will look like child's play next to the one we saw yesterday! :)) so they chose to sing the songs with the primary children. When the kids sang louder, my kids sang louder! Including a few screams from Gavin as he joined in. The best was when Maya says (very loudly) "Hey they sing these songs at my church!" Clearly, we have not made it apparent that "our church" is the same everywhere! Then my mother offers to take the kids to their classes. When she gets back she tells me that Kaitlyn didn't want to go so she had to sit there for awhile. I finally figure out that she has put Kaitlyn in primary because she thought she was a sunbeam, but really she is supposed to go to nursery. Well, since the primary had their program they were having treats, popcorn and a movie in primary. Yeah, like Kaitlyn is really going to leave now! So now, of course, she has a warped vision of what primary is like! Come January, I will not be able to get her to go without treats and a movie!

2 comments:

Lisa M said...

SO funny!! I love that Kaitlyn went to Primary, too cute!

Julie said...

Our kids totally don't get the "our church" and "our religion" difference, either. One day!