Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Snow Fun

A couple of days ago I finally agreed to help the girls build a snowman. Well, the snow was really hard so it was definitely not packing snow. (For those of you not from snowy states, that means the snow is not good for snowballs or building anything!) So I told them we were going to make a snow "child" instead. Otherwise, we would have been out there all day! They had a really good time and the snowman kit my mom gave us was perfect! Thanks mom!
Today the girls and I went sledding. Of course, Uncle Adam was supposed to go with us, but he totally bailed at the last minute. Something about being sick or something! :) Just kidding! He really did sound very sick! The girls still wanted to go so I went with them. We we to Rock Canyon Park. I used to go sledding there as a kid. I forgot how fun it was! We had this huge tube that was for two people. Kaity and I went first. At the bottom there is these little bumps. We were going pretty fast and when we hit the bumps Kaity flew up into the air, flipped around, and then landed on her side back on the tube! It was incredible! We were both laughing so hard, we couldn't get back up off the tube! Then we started riding with all three of us on the tube. At one point we were hauling and we pummeled this lady. I tried to yell at her, but she was oblivious. We took out her legs and she went flying into the air and landed right on top of Maya and Kait. I thought they would be hurt, but they were hysterically laughing. Luckily, the lady thought it was funny too!
It was tough work going up that icy hill like a million times. Especially since every muscle group in my backside is killing me from my glutes and abs class! I finally called it quits after a couple hours. The girls were very disappointed.
On our way back to the car we decided to go down the front hill that takes you to the street. This is very risky because you take the chance that you might fly into the street if you are going to fast and too far. Much like on "Christmas Vacation". I told Kaity that we would go about half way down the hill thinking that that would make us not have as much momentum. When I stopped, Kaity hit the sled and I fell onto it and started going down. Kaity was still hanging onto the handle and being dragged behind the sled! It was like those action movies that you see when the guy is holding onto something behind a vehicle and being dragged on their stomach! Needless to say we safely made it to the bottom and Kaity was soaking wet, white,laughing hysterically, and asking if we could do it again! Yeah, I don't think so! It was good to have a day with the girls!

1 comment:

Erin said...

So cute. I wish we had snow to play in! Looks like you guys had tons of fun.