Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hey Mom Guess What?!

How is that I tell my kids the same things everyday, but it never sinks in until someone outside the home tells them?! Maya comes home from school all the time with the "new found" knowledge that she wants to share with me. The other day she told me that we should wash our hands because the doctor at the school showed them that they have germs on their hands. I was like "really?, I'm pretty sure that's why I tell you to wash your hands all the time and you never do it!" Then she tells me that her teacher told her she shouldn't eat snow because it has dirty germs in it. So I say, "yeah, I have told you that only a million times." Obviously if I want Maya to do something I have to tell the teacher to tell her that it is important. What does mom know anyway?!

2 comments:

Camille said...

Well I need to put Cora in school earlier if that's the case!

Erin said...

I totally understand! Jacob has done that many times. I will tell him something and he is convinced that I am wrong...what do I know anyway?