Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

She Did It!!!



Finally, everything that Maya has been working for came to a head last night! She finally qualified in the Breaststroke! She has been working harder than any other six-year-old that I know to perfect the stroke so she wouldn't get disqualified. We are so super proud of her. She really put in the effort to learn and practice.

The day started out not so great. In fact, she showed up at the swim meet with no towels, no swimcap, no goggles, and only one shoe! I figured the swim meet was going to be a total disaster! I was way wrong. She took overall 1st place in Freestyle (knocking 2 seconds off her best time!) and 2nd place overall in the Backstroke (also knocking 2 seconds off her time!). We are pretty sure she placed in the Breaststroke too, but it is the last event so she won't know until Wednesday how she did. She is just doing phenomenally well this season. She will probably medal at the county meet in a few weeks. Because she has qualified in three events, she will get to participate in those events at the county meet and she will get a trophy at the end of the season! We couldn't be happier for her!

2 comments:

Lisa M said...

That is so awesome! Tell Maya Congrats! By the way we are moving to Lehi. We will have to get the kids together.

The Gray Gang said...

Give me an M, Give me an A, Give me a Y, Give me another A, what does that spell..... GOOOO MAYA! That is awesome!