Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Family Reunions

We had two family reunions 1 week apart. It was crazy! We are barely getting back to normal. Our first trip was to Island Park, ID. We stayed in a big bunk house with some of Brian's extended family. The bunkhouse sleeps a lot of people so you can imagine that it was not easy to get the little ones to bed! So nobody got very much sleep. It snowed when we first go there! It warmed up before we left, but it was a little more like camping instead of a summer vacation! It was fun to get to know some of Brian's cousins and let all the kids get to know each other. I had really bad allergies, and then I got really sick from the allergies, so my experience was not so great! The others had a great time though. There was an indoor pool for the kids to play in.
They also jumped from bed to bed in the bunkhouse and played lots of hide and go seek. Brian's sister Lindsay was kind enough to let me borrow their bike so I could take Gavin on a little bike ride! He was very excited! Gavin was so tired by the end of the weekend, he asked to be put in his playpen so he could have his pacifier and a moment alone!
Our next adventure (2 days later!) was at Bear Lake, UT. We stayed in some condomiums by the lake. It was for my Dad's family. I was in charge of the food for my siblings and parents. It wasn't too much work, but it was difficult since we were gone right before this reunion. I was still sick with a cold when we left for this reunion so again my time was pretty miserable. Then Gavin got really sick while we were there and didn't get any sleep. My niece Savannah got really sick too. Gavin and Savannah both had to go to the doctor. Savannah was more serious and had to go to the hospital because of dehydration. Then my brother got really ill on the day that we left and had to go to the doctor too. So all in all, I think it was stressful for everyone!
We did have some good times though. We rented some wave runners for a few hours on the lake. All the kids got to ride with an aunt, uncle, or parent.
I enjoyed myself immensely on them even though I wasn't feeling that great. The kids got to play in the lake too. There was a section of lake water that was pretty shallow so the water was warm. The kids like to lay in there and get warm. The regular lake water was extremely cold so it was a nice change. My nephew Carter didn't seem to mind the coldness of the lake. He sat right on the edge of the water and let the waves run up his legs. He screamed in delight each time!
The kids played at the pool everyday too.
I managed to not get sunburned or get any bug bites the whole trip! I got to see a lot of cousins, aunts, and uncles. We played games and had dinners together. It is fun to see everyone's kids because they grow so fast! We spent many a late night playing Settler of Catan. (One of our favorites!)
Gavin had a really good time playing with Savannah. They are getting to be quite good buds. They like to hug and give kisses!
Maya and Kaitlyn had a posse of little girls they played with like crazy.
They are all 2nd cousins and nearly the same age. They had a blast together.
Needless to say, I am still working on getting my house back to normal. We are all feeling a little better now and trying to get back into the swing of things. My life just gets busier because I am leaving for Girls Camp in 2 weeks! No rest for the weary!

No comments: