Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July!



Brian's work provided tickets to the Stadium of Fire in Provo again this year. The main entertainer was Carrie Underwood. We were pretty excited to see her in concert. We had our special matching Monavie shirts on. The coloring on them was not so cute this year, but the kids liked that we all matched. We had really close seats this year too. We were right next to the grass.
I was really impressed with the Stadium of Fire this year. They started with a big salute to the military. They played the songs that corresponded with each branch of the military and had people in the audience stand if they were members of that branch. It was cool to see each branch out there on the field flanked by boy scouts. I love that we can take time to let them know how much we appreciate what they do for our country. They also held an eagle court of honor for all the boy scouts that received their eagle this year. It is the 100th year for the Boy Scouts of America. They had a 98-year-old eagle scout there to start the court of honor. I was seriously impressed by this guy. The entire stadium was silent as he spoke. He is my new hero! They also printed a page in the program that said, "Proud to be an Eagle Scout" and all the men who were in the audience that were eagle scouts stood up and held open that page to create the largest eagle's nest ever. It was pretty spectacular to see thousands of men old and young rise from their seats. I have serious respect for eagle scouts. I promised I would marry me one someday, and boy was Brian glad he could say yes when I asked him if he was one! The whole night was just awesome. I found myself in tears many times through the night. Carrie Underwood did a really good job. We had fun dancing and singing to the songs.

There was a point during the fireworks where the dancers and boyscouts created the USA with lights. It was the most incredible thing I have seen in awhile. The fireworks were amazing. I just love the 4th of July. It is one of my favorite holidays. I love this country and I think it is awesome we get to celebrate our forefathers and our freedom!

No comments: