Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sleeping with Darth Vader?


Brian finally got in to see a Dr. about his snoring. Turns out he has serious sleep apnea. I think it is weird that he didn't even snore when we first got married, and now suddenly he has a serious case of sleep apnea only a few years later? Well, neither of us have been getting very good sleep, so we decided to do something about it. They basically give you only one option, which is a CPAP machine. We have had the machine for a week now. Besides the fact that he looks like he's getting ready to fly a jet fighter, it's not exactly quiet. My mother-in-law has described it as sleeping with Darth Vader. I have to agree. Although it is not as loud as he is, it sounds like he is a muted Darth Vader! Then as the night progresses I feel like I am in a wind tunnel because the pressure gets higher and more constant. Everyone has told me that they are so quiet and don't make any noise. If someone tells you that, they are deaf or they consider wind quiet.
It is nice that he is no longer snoring. Although, the first couple of nights I did go over and check to make sure he wasn't dead. He is absolutely still and silent with that thing on! I am not used to him not making any noise! I think he is sleeping better though. Plus, it isn't good for his heart to be gasping for breath with the sleep apnea. I think we will both get used to the machine and be a lot happier!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE Nathan's CPAP machine...when he uses it (not often) because *I* sleep better!!

Adam 'n' Sara said...

Maybe if you stick it under your bed it might be quieter?!?