Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Week in Review

Wow we had a crazy busy week last week. The week started off with the passing of my Grandfather. He was my Dad's dad. He was also my last grandparent. I am grandparentless now. Luckily for me, Brian has two sets of grandparents that treat me like one of their own grandchildren. My grandpa Bullock was 93 years old. He was amazing. He was at church just last Sunday on Mother's Day. His caretaker/Bishop said that he had born his testimony the week before. I think that gives a whole new meaning to enduring to the end. He served in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints his whole life. I can only wish to be half the person he was. He was completely all there to the end also. He simply died of old age. I guess a person's body has to give out sometime. We expected that he probably would not live much longer. My dad and six of his siblings. It was a whirlwind trying to get family called and all in town. My dad is the oldest of 9 children. My grandfather was the oldest of 10 children. He is survived by 2 brothers, 9 children, 57 grandchildren, 81 great-grandchildren, and 11 great-great-grandchildren! That is one heck of a legacy to leave behind. So it was crazy to get together this weekend. Many of them were able to make it. He will be missed. Maya, Kaitlyn, and 2nd Cousin Maddie. Maya had tryouts for the Swim team again. She of course mad the team. She is looking really good already this season. We are expecting awesome things from her this summer! She is excited to try and qualify to get a trophy this year. Kaitlyn had her pre-school program. She loves to perform so this was a lot of fun for her. She reminded Brian everyday that her program was coming up. He missed the last program because Maya's was at the same time. She was not going to let him live that down! He is lucky he was able to come because I don't think she would have ever forgiven him!

No comments: