Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Little Disappointed!

I guess it is pretty obvious since I haven't posted that things didn't go well on Saturday. Actually they went really wrong! I had been having some hip trouble at the beginning of the week. The pain was pretty bad so I was running that week favoring my left leg. I went to see a physical therapist about my hip and found out that it was indeed out. He fixed it up a few times for me so I figured I would be in pain on Saturday, but that I could still run. Because of the compensation, my right foot had been bothering me a little, but felt like normal pain. About nine miles into the marathon, I felt a seering pain go across my right foot. I stopped running and tried to walk on it. It was still really painful. I thought maybe it was just cramping so I continued to run, just limping a little. Well, I continued to run 10 more miles like that. I wanted to try and at least finish. I knew I couldn't qualify with that much pain going on, but I thought I could at least make it to the finish line. By mile 19, the EMT's were following me on their bikes. They were trying to get me to quit. I normally wouldn't have, but I literally could not go any further. I was able to make it back to my family, but that was it. Since that moment I have not been able to even touch my foot. It is in extreme pain. We got an X-ray done, nothing major appeared to be broken. The Dr. thinks it could still be a hairline fracture, but he won't be able to see that for another week or so.
So here I am about to be 30 and I am completely bed ridden! Life is kind of the suck right now. Although, having Brian do everything is a little bit of a nice break! He is getting a taste of what it is like to be me for a few days! Let's just say that he needed some "Brian Time" last night! Now he knows what it's like to have everyone need something from you that by night time, you want to be left alone! He has been so good.
I feel really bad that my family was all there and ready to help on Saturday. They did so awesome! I only wish I had performed better! I guess it just wasn't meant to be this time. Hopefully I get better soon and can enjoy my summer!

3 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

Oh man! I'm sorry. What a bummer. I hope you heal up quickly.

Adam 'n' Sara said...

Steph - you're AWESOME! You totally would have finished in time if you weren't in such pain! I'm sorry that you had this happen right before race day :(

Erin said...

I'm sorry to hear about your foot. You are amazing! You go girl! I hope it heals up fast.