Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Calm Before the Storm


I am on my last few runs before the big one. I have pretty much done all I can do to prepare for this race. The other day I was telling Brian that I have trained harder and done more things this time around than for any other race that I am surprised I even finished my first marathon! I didn't know then any of the things I know now, and there is still plenty to learn I am sure. I have incorporated at least 4 different training programs together to get where I am.
When I first looked into the Boston Marathon, I couldn't believe the qualifying time. I never thought in a million years that I would ever be able to even run at that pace period. Now, here I am able to run much faster than that and may have a really good chance of running that pace for 26.2 miles.
I am definitely physically able to, but it's the mental part that I am not sure on. If you have run a marathon, or any type of long race, you know it takes a great deal of mental strength to continue when you are tired and sore. My plan this time around is to recruit people to stand along those last six miles yelling, "DON'T QUIT!!" I know on my own I am not mentally strong enough. I have been there enough times to know how hard it will be. Of course if I don't qualify, plan B is always to do better than last time! (Which is still an accomplishment in my book!)

2 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

I wish I could be one of your cheerleaders! YOU CAN DO IT!!! DON'T QUIT!!! I'm very proud of you!

Adam 'n' Sara said...

You're so awesome!! Seriously...wish I could run as fast as you :). Where do you want me on Saturday?!?