Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Star Wars for the Win!



The girls both wanted to be Princess Leia for Halloween. (This is influenced by their father!) They have seen the movies quite a few times with their dad. I then got an Ewok costume for Gavin. He made an awesome ewok. He looked just like one. When he walked or tilted his head he completely resembled them. Complete strangers were taking pictures of him with their cameras and cell phones because he looked so strikingly similar. He loves having his picture taken so the attention was welcome. The girls insisted on light sabers, even though technically Leia doesn't have one. It was better than trying to figure out how to make them both Luke Skywalker!
I had to get up extra early on Friday to get them both dressed up for school. At school, many of the children did not know who Kaitlyn or Maya were dressed up as. More of the kids at Maya's school were familiar with Star Wars. So when we went trick-or-treating, Kaitlyn made sure to tell people "I'm princess Leia, from Star Wars" Of course, most of the parents handing out the candy could figure it out from the famous buns over the ears!
We like to go to my parent's neighborhood to go trick-or-treating. I always went to my grandma's house to trick-or-treat and it was fun. I know all the people in the neighborhood so I feel safe taking my kids there. We saw C3P0 and R2D2 while trick-or-treating. (if you don't know who those people are, you really need to get out more! :) ) They were excited to see our Star Wars characters, so they took some photos. I left my camera at home, but hopefully I can track down the picture because it was priceless! The girls were stoked that they saw other people from Star Wars.
Gavin did quite well considering it was his first time trick-or-treating. He wanted to go inside everyone's home. He would take a piece of candy and then crawl up the step to go inside! He got a little confused because some people let him choose a candy and other people handed him one. That's just too much confusion for a 1-year-old. He didn't know what to do at each door! I got tired of taking him around so I tried to leave him at my mom's house, but he just followed us back out the door to do more trick-or-treating!
It wasn't too cold, and we got done reasonably early so I think overall it was a success. Thankfully we have a whole year before we've got to do that again!

1 comment:

Adam 'n' Sara said...

All the kids look great! I love the costumes!