Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Night with Guys and Dolls


We made it kind of a tradition a couple of years ago to go to the fall musical put on by the high school. This year we went to see "Guys and Dolls". It was well done. The girls enjoy going a lot, but we probably should have explained to Kaitlyn what a doll was. About halfway through the production she yelled out, "When are the dolls going to come out?!" After we explained that they call women "dolls" she was much happier. She has been telling anyone she sees today that she and her mom are "dolls". She's so proud of herself!
We saw the musical at Mountain View High School, my Alma mater. We usually go to Lehi High School, but they were doing "Aida" this year. I love "Aida", but it is a little much for the kids. The last couple of scenes are pretty intense and they cry when Charlotte dies in Charlotte's web, so I figured funny would be a better bet. They really like to meet the characters after the show is over. Here they are meeting the character Nathan Detroit. According to Kaitlyn, "he is very cute and has a mooostache!"

1 comment:

Suzy J said...

Go Mighty Bruins! My alma mater too! I had no idea! Love it! They had a GREAT theater program when I went there ( like 5 years ago:) I remember they were so good they got as much money as the football team! I love that you went there too! Did you get my email!?! What a fun tradition! Talk to you soon!