Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Homemade Marinara


I decided to use the tomatoes from our garden to make my own marinara sauce. We eat lots of pasta, as I have stated before, so it seemed like a good idea. I am a Ragu fan myself, so I definitely had my doubts as to whether I could make one from scratch that would be good. Plus, I would be making it out of real tomatoes. I made a huge pot of it to freeze for later. When I first put all the ingredients in (consisting of peppers and other veggies from the garden) it looked really gross. Don't taste test it at this point! It is nasty! After it simmered for 4-5 hours, it was awesome! The house smelled amazing. Brian and I were trying to find anything and everything to dip in it so we could have some more. I was very happy that my first batch out turned out well. I will definitely be making more!

1 comment:

Jim said...

Steph-- WHY have I not checked in on you before (from Kristin's). Such a darling family you have!!! Oh, and is this recipe top secret? -I'd love something tried and true.