Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy 24th of July!


I love Utah in July. We get to celebrate the 4th and the 24th. There is fireworks, BBQ's and many other fun summer activities all during July. The best part, of course, is getting both days as paid holidays! We get 3 day weekends twice. Our 24th was really fun. We got up early so that I could run in the Pioneer Day Classic 5K. The night before Maya prayed that I would run well and get a medal. So I ran as fast as I could so she wouldn't be disappointed. That's me getting a medal for first place in my age group.
Not too bad for a mom that's had 4 children. I actually did really well. At least now I can tell Maya that if she works hard and tries her best, good things happen.
The girls got their faces painted,
they got a french toast breakfast, and they played on the bounce houses at the park.
We went to Thanksgiving point and played in the water at the gardens.

Gavin had a good time until the girls knocked him over and he went under the water! Luckily Brian was already in the water so he could grab him out.

Later that night my parents came over for dinner and we had fireworks again! Some of our neighbors brought their fireworks over too, so we had a big show!
I am so happy we live where we can still do fireworks! We were all exhausted by the night, and I had to get up at 4:30 the next morning so we could all be at Maya's swim meet at 8:00! Needless to say, we are completely exhausted from our weekend!

No comments: