Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

They do as you do, not as you say!


I have heard many people over the years say that your children tend to do what you do instead of what you tell them to do (if what you are telling them to do contradicts what you actually do!) I have noticed my kids following our example on many occasions, but today takes the cake.
I was driving home with Kaitlyn from her school. We were stopped at a stoplight when she said, " Hey, I can totally drive, I know what all the lights mean." "Red means stop, Green means go, and Yellow means hurry up and drive fast before it turns red!" Yeah, that would be how I probably drive on lots of occasions! So I told her that the yellow light actually means that you should be slowing down because the light is going to turn red. Then she said, "But that's not how you guys drive!" I admit that I hate to wait through red lights. There are several on the way home from Kaitlyn's school. I should be better. I need to set a better example for my kids. I just can't wait until Drivers Ed when they can pick apart all of my driving!!!

2 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

Ahh, I love reading this thing! SOOO FUNNY. Got to love those sweet kids!

Lisa M said...

That is so funny! Same thing happened to me different story same result, "but Mom you do it to me all the time!" I so have to watch it all the time.