Our Family

My photo
Brian is from Idaho Falls, ID, and I am from Orem, UT. We met many years ago at Utah State University. We have 3 daughters: Maya who's 9,Kaitlyn who's 7, and Taygen who's 1. We had twin boys Dylan and Gavin. We lost our son Dylan, but Gavin is 4.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of 1st Grade


My little Maya is in 1st grade today. She was stoked about starting school today. She loves the social aspect of school! She has to get up really early because she has to be on the bus at 7:15 in the morning. I almost cried today when the alarm went off! Isn't she gorgeous?!!
We went school shopping a few days ago. When we went to the dressing room she turned around and said, "You can wait out here mom." I was actually surprised, but said ok. I am on my way out of the cool circle for Maya. At least she let me take her to the bus this morning. That is not going to fly with her forever though. She wants to go to the bus by herself, I guess it is time for me to let her grow up a little! She did tell me this morning that she didn't need breakfast because she would be taking a lunch and eating it at school! Luckily, I can still make her eat breakfast for a few more years.

No comments: